Friday, April 1, 2011

Nap Time

Cat require a lot of sleep, a lot more than humans.  Cats will sleep for the majority of the day and only get up when they want food or have to go to the bathroom.  Kittens will be more playful than older cats and sleep less, but once your cat gets to an older age they will sleep a lot more than they did when they were younger.  You will find your cats usually eat, go to the bathroom and then finally take a nap once they are done.  Sometimes I get mad when my cat is sleeping all of the time and I just want to play with her.  I can't do much about it though because I know she needs her sleep.

You will find that your cat may be very energetic one second and then the next second they are dead asleep in the middle of the floor.  I think that cats require a lot more sleep than dogs do, I am not sure why they need so much sleep but if they need it, no one should bother them when they are sleeping.  If you wake up your kitty, they may just go right back to sleep and not wake up for aa while.  Make sure you allow your cat at least fifteen hours of sleep a day or you may have a groggy kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment