Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cats Know Best

While I am away at school, my cat tends to sleep with my parents in their bed.  As soon as I come home for breaks, Gem knows that I have been gone and so she will sleep with me until I leave again.  Cats are so smart and they sense when they know one of their owners has been gone for a while.  As soon as their owners come home, cats usually do not leave their owner's side because they have missed them and do not want them to leave again.  I love when I get to go home and my kitty stays by my side the whole time.

I had recently talked to the Area Coordinator for Kelley/Patton whose cat I babysit for when she is away.  She told me that when she had been away for four days and came back, her kitty would not leave her side and jumped on her should and slept by her face every night for a whole week.  That just shows that cats have feelings and miss their owners when they are not around.  It also shows that they have a sense where they know when someone has been missing for a period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment