Friday, April 1, 2011

Cats are Just as Smart as Dogs

A lot of people think that cats are not very smart and a lot of people do not even like cats.  Most people prefer dogs over cats, me on the other hand, I absolutely love cats and will probably be an old cat lady when I am old.  Many people think that cats are mean and do not like to interact with humans.  The truth is, if you spend time with your cat and give it love and attention, then cats can be just as friendly and open as dogs are.  It all depends on how you take care of your cat and how much time you spend with them.

When I first got my cat Gem, I wanted to teach her how to give me her paw.  Most people would think that was a crazy idea.  The truth is, anything can be possible with cats and cats can learn anything they put their minds to.  When Gem was just a kitten, I spent a lot of time with her and would constantly lift her paw up when I would give her treats.  Eventually, Gem would automatically lift and give me her paw when I would put a treat in front of her.  This proves that cats can be taught anything as long as they have time and practice and they are loved by their owners.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! I think cats are as smart as dogs if not smarter! Cats are able to take care of themselves while dogs you need to bath them and walk them. I am a cat lover too and will probably be an old cat woman too!

    ReplyDelete