Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adoption

My family and I adopted Gem from a local animal protective league by our house.  I know that if I am ever to get another pet, that I will be sure to adopt them from a shelter or a protective league.  I think it is great when people adopt pets that need to be rescued.  It is very important for people to know about adopting pets and the benefits they will gain from their new friend.  I make it known to my family and friends that if they want to get a pet, that they should adopt and rescue an animal in need.

In the winter months it is even worse for animals, they are out on the streets and they have no place to go.  They are usually very cold and malnourished.  If more people stop and realize about all of the homeless animals out there, then they should know that it is a good idea to rescue them and give them a home.  Many people encourage this and I do as well.  Being able to say that I have rescued my pet is a good feeling and I know that I have done a good thing and helped her.  It was one of the best decisions that my family and I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment